Byora Farm House is located close to the historic village of Wollombi. If you are looking to get away for the weekend to relax and unwind in a tranquil farm environment or if you want to get out and explore all that the Hunter Valley has to offer then Byora Farm House is an ideal location, close to the historic village of Wollombi.
The house was originally built in 1955 by a local builder by the name of Jack Gabb. He built many houses in the area and due to their sturdy nature many of them remain today. Of course, with all old farm houses there have been extensions and modifications giving them a quirky and eclectic feel, but essentially the original form remains. Byora Farm House is now a modest cottage that retains many of these original features while also incorporating some of the modern luxuries we have grown accustomed to.
Guest are free to wander around the 15 acre property. There are old sheds and cattle yards to explore and they provide fabulous photo opportunities. There are fish in the creek so don’t forget your fishing rod if you are a keen fisherman. The kitchen is equipped with modern appliances such as stovetop, microwave, dishwasher, bench top turbo-oven and sandwich maker. There is no oven. All utensils, plates and glasses are supplied. There is a BBQ and BBQ tools.
There are the basics of tea, coffee, sugar, milk and pantry staples. A breakfast pack is available upon request.
There are raised garden beds in the garden with fresh produce. This ‘living pantry’ provides seasonal herbs and vegetables for the guests to use during their stay.
- Tues, Wed, Thurs - $250 per night
- Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon - $280 per night
- There are two bedrooms, with a queen and two single beds.
- Linen is supplied with extra pillows and blankets.
- The bathroom is stocked with shampoo, conditioner and body wash. Towels are included.
- The combined lounge / sunroom / dining room is an ideal place to relax after a long day touring the local attractions.
- There is a TV with free to air TV stations. A second living space with a fire place is stocked with books, magazines and games.